Audi recently announced that it would ridding its lineup of antiquated manual transmissions. In order to ease the tensions felt by Audi fans who prefer to shift their own gears, Audi is releasing the A4 Ultra Sport. The Ultra Sport name goes back to the B6 A4 (2000 – 2006). That model added aluminium interior trim, a sporty steering wheel, front and rear spoilers, side skirts, and sporty 18-inch RS4 alloy wheels designed by quatrro GmbH.
For 2018 the Audi A4 Ultra Sport name will return and be available in one color, one trim, and with one transmission. The color will be Quantam Gray. To get the Ultra Sport trim, you will pay an extra $6,800 over the normal model. That $6,800 includes:
- Stainless pedal caps
- Leatherette covered center console and door armrests
- Flat bottom perforated steering wheel
- Dynamic steering
- Sport adaptive damping suspension
- Sport front seats with 4-way power lumbar
- S line Leather / Alcantara interior with contrast stitching
- Black cloth headliner
- Audi Sport RS carbon inlays
- Carbon fiber mirror caps
- Carbon fiber rear lip spoiler
- 19-inch 5-arm-rotor design wheels with matte titanium finish
- 245 35 19 summer tires
- Titanium black exterior package
- Deletion of model and engine designation from trunk lid
Most important however is that the only transmission option available is not an automatic but a 6-Speed manual. Along with the extra sporty bits that give the A4 Ultra Sport an S4 flare, the Ultra Sport should be able to tame the emotions of those who hate to see manual transmissions disappearing from dealer showrooms.
Apparently there are only 40 examples available. So this means that anyone who is able to take one home will have a rare example of an endangered species and the last of its kind in this class of vehicle from Audi.